Welcome to the Transamerica Citizen Action Network! Here you will find resources to help you engage in the political process and learn about the issues that affect Transamerica, our employees, and our customers. Check your voter registration status, find your representatives, learn about our issues, and get engaged!
The Life Insurance Industry:
- 75 million American families rely on the life insurance industry for their financial protection and retirement security.
- Two-thirds of our business today is dedicated to retirement products and services through individual annuities, employer-based retirement plans and other long-term financial planning vehicles.
- Right now, life insurers are leading providers of retirement solutions, managing 20 percent of all defined contribution plan assets and 14 percent of all IRA assets.
- We play a significant role in the U.S. economy.
- Life insurers invest almost $6 trillion in the U.S. economy – that represents approximately 90percent of our overall assets.
- Life insurers are the No. 1 investors in domestic corporate bonds. Last year, bonds owned by life insurers had an average maturity of 18 years at the time of purchase.
- Our long-term investments make us a source of stability in the economy.